Since you’re here on this website, you’re likely looking to better understand pornography addiction or pornography-induced dysfunctions, hear from those who have been there before you, find answers to specific questions, or get personal help and guidance. To read more about working with me personally, follow this link. For everything else, below are highlights of my work that should provide what you’re looking for. Of course, if you have not read my book then I recommend starting there. The PDF is available for free to my newsletter subscribers.
If you would like to see the complete index of my work instead of just highlights, follow this link.
And lastly, if you have a success story that you would like to share or a topic proposal for a Coach Church article and video, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my personal story of recovery from pornography addiction and porn-induced sexual dysfunction in late 2014.
This is a presentation I gave on the current scientific understanding of how pornography impacts the brain and how consistent use can result in addiction and sexual and emotional dysfunction.
If you’re ready for a break from the heavy emotional unburdening and the hard science, check out my take on what an honest commercial for Internet porn would be like.
Are you like The Most Deluded Man In the World? If you recognize yourself in this video, not to fear. You’re not alone and there’s a lot of hope for a better future.
Or this PSA on how to remain pornfree even in the face of temptation.
Addiction Recovery Information and Advice
- See this Addiction Test to learn more about what addiction is and assess whether it is something you may struggle with.
- Watch this recorded live stream on Getting your first 30 days porn free.
- After reading my book, watch this video on The original 13 Steps to Porn Addiction Recovery as described in Wack.
- Read my statement of The Pornfree Mindset for Lasting Recovery and be inspired to write your own.
- Read Why I used porn (a 15-year progression), and start thinking about what place porn has come to take in your own life.
- Begin taking control of your present and future by Discovering the emotional roots of your porn addiction.
- Learn about the benefits of physical health and fitness in addiction recovery, with my article Hack our way free of depression and addiction.
- Discover How reducing pornography use can be harmful, when what you may need is to become completely and permanently pornfree.
- Don’t get caught in the trap of thinking, I missed out on the best years of my life.
- If you’re recovering within a romantic relationship, watch my Three Tips for Porn Addicts and Their Partners.
- Use this hypnotic guided meditation to build your own lifelong pornfree mindset.
- And learn more about how meditation can help you with Mindfulness meditation for addiction recovery.
Sexual Dysfunction Recovery Information and Advice
- After learning what porn-induced sexual dysfunctions are from my lecture video above, watch The essential basics of PIED recovery.
- You may wonder, Is it OK to fantasize while recovering from PIED/PMO addiction?
- Or, Is it severe Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction or some physical problem?
- Or, “How long should I wait to date as I recover from porn-induced erectile dysfunction?”
- Or, Is it OK to masturbate while recovering from a porn addiction? (chaser effect, orgasm, karezza)
- Perhaps you don’t have PIED or have recovered from it, but Why doesn’t sex feel that great? (porn-induced desensitization and DE)
- But what about premature ejaculation?
- Most rebooters experience at least one “flatline” during their recovery. Will my penis be shriveled and numb forever? (the nofap flatline)
- Almost everyone wonders, How long to recover from porn-induced erectile dysfunction (PIED)?
- I warn against Using Prostitutes to Beat Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction.
- Once you’re in a relationship and attempting rewire, the journey will be many times easier if you are open and honest about what you’re going through. So, How do I tell her I’m addicted to porn?
Relapse and Motivation
- What is relapse? No PMO: What Counts as a Relapse?
- What can you do after relapse? Relapsed after 94 days. What now?
- How do I keep going even when I lose motivation?
- My Top 5 Habits for Growth and Success (AKA Bein’ a Boss)
It helps a lot to see that others have been where we are and have made it to the other side. Here are some of those stories.
- Never been this happy before! Healed from PIED (porn-induced erectile dysfunction)
- I chose porn over the love of my life
- “Finally made it-PIED ended on Day 265 of NOFAP”
- “Finally, after two years trying to quit porn I have found success”
- PIED Success Story: From suicidal to the happiest he’s ever been! NEVER GIVE UP
- 105 Days and Finally Free of PIED (rebooter success story)
- 4 Months No Porn, Finally Free of PIED! One Thing Made It Possible
For most of us, a healthy sexual and romantic relationship is the goal. Here are various articles and videos on overcoming various obstacles to achieve just that.
- So your husband/boyfriend is addicted to porn…
- I confessed my porn addiction to my girlfriend, and she…
- Too much sex? How to maintain relationship harmony and stay pornfree.
- Three Tips for Porn Addicts and Their Partners
- Why won’t my husband stop watching porn?
- My husband’s porn addiction
- If I’m honest with my wife, I don’t see how she could stay with me
- How do I tell her I’m addicted to porn?
The broad strokes of addiction and porn-induced sexual dysfunction recovery are often very similar and follow familiar patterns across the individuals I work with, but we all are unique and run into a variety of less common problems and questions. Here are some of the answers, as well as videos on topics not directly related to pornography use.
- Will giving up porn give me superpowers?
- 14 years old with severe porn-induced erectile dysfunction
- Straight Guys Watching Transsexual Porn? Are They Gay?
- Why Would Anyone Watch Child Pornography?
- After rebooting, should I masturbate before sex to avoid premature ejaculation?
- Can masturbating wrong hurt your penis?–Death Grip, TMS, Peyronie’s, Penile Fracture, etc.
- Is it healthy to never fap? Will not masturbating cause prostate cancer?
- Should I do BDSM with my partner?
- I quit porn, but now my sex drive is out of control and hurting my relationship!
- Addicted for most of my life. Is it too late for me?
- “How can I become better in bed after recovering from PIED?”
- Is a man’s life over when he goes bald? This article and video deals not only with male pattern baldness, but insecurity, self-acceptance, and self-confidence.
- 20 Lessons from my 20s In this two-part series you’ll discover 20 lessons that should help you grow and thrive in all aspects of your life.
- Is masturbation healthy or not?
- Pornfree in the Pandemic ~ How to maintain recovery in quarantine
- Using porn after 580 days sober
- Luke DePron interviews me about porn use on his Live Great Lifestyle podcast
- ‘Gold Jacket Luke’ Eilers on porn addiction, “nofap”, semen retention, and more~
- Noah on Dear Sugar Radio: Should “Unsure” marry her porn-addicted fiancé?
- Sexistential Crisis Podcast with Laura Khalil: Is He a Porn Addict?
- “Unspun 135”: Interview with Jan Irvin of Gnostic Media about modern pornography
- What’s porn doing to us?–With Gary Wilson, founder of YourBrainOnPorn.com
- Do Women Get Addicted To Porn?–Jessica’s Story
- Gabe Deem, founder of Reboot Nation, interviews me
- I interview Gabe Deem, founder of Reboot Nation!
- 70 Years Old, Finally Free of a 50+ Year Porn Addiction
- Podcast interview with Rob Weiss on sex addiction vs. porn addiction
- 3-part Interview with Noah on PsychCentral
- What’s life like after quitting porn? Chatting with Author Mark Chamberlain
I have co-hosted two podcasts. The first, Your Brain Rebalanced Radio, rose out of early discussions on the porn recovery forum YourBrainRebalanced.com. It was a place for discussion on various aspects of recovery, as well as interviews with guests like NoFap found Alexander Rhodes and Reboot Nation founder Gabe Deem. I started as a host in the second season. Here are links to all of the episodes:
- Interview with Fritz and Susanna of “Rewired”: A Documentary on Porn Addiction and Recovery – YBR Radio S02E06
- NoFap founder Alex Rhodes and Sacred Sexuality Project founder Mark Queppet on YBR Radio S02E05
- Gary Wilson and Gabe Deem Talk Porn Addiction and Recovery (with me and Charlie) – YBR Radio S02E04
- Filling the Void – Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S02E03
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S02E02 – Relapse, Fetishes, etc.
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S02E01 – Q&A
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E09 – Gary Wilson Guest Stars!
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E08 – Future Fapping
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E07 – Science!
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E06
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E05 Relationships
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E04 – Gabe Deem Guest
- Your Brain Rebalanced S01E03 – Withdrawals
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E02 – Relapse
- Your Brain Rebalanced Radio S01E01
The second is called Love People Use Things. Catholic apologist and anti-pornography speaker Matt Fradd started this podcast and brought me on as the atheist counterbalance. Links to all of my episodes are below, or listen to the full log of episodes, including Matt’s, at lovepeopleusethings.fm.
- Designing a Pornfree Future (LPUTS05E04)
- The Pornfree Mindset (LPUT S05E02)
- The Trials and Triumps of Living with a Porn Addict (LPUTS04E10)
- Two Porn Addiction Recovery Coaches Compare Notes (Love People Use Things S04E08)
- Three Stories from Men Who Quit Using Porn (Love People Use Things S04E06)
- Five Lessons Learned in Becoming Pornfree (Love People Use Things S04E04)
- What it means to love (Love People Use Things S04E02)
- The lies we addicts tell ourselves (Love People Use Things S03E09)
- Four Ways Pornography Can Alter Our Brains (Love People Use Things S03E07)
- The Full Story of My Porn Addiction and Recovery (Love People Use Things S03E05)
- What do porn addicts really need? (Love People, Use Things Podcast #1)
Looking for more content? See the Outside Resources page.